The couscous stuffed pepper is one of my favourites. Quick and easy, it adds essential vitamins and healthy fats to the carbohydrates in the base, which is a winning combo for an energy boosting meal. Bon appétit!
Prep and Cook time: 25 minutes
(Serves 2 people)
- Pop the peppers on a plate and microwave on Medium for 5 mins, until almost soft.
- Heat oven to 200C and place the microwaved peppers on a baking tray, cut-side up.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and cover with 125ml boiling water. Stir the couscous with a fork to break it up, then mix in olives, feta, tomatoes and basil.
- Pile the couscous stuffing into the pepper halves and bake for 10 mins.
- Drizzle sparingly with walnut or groundnut oil.
- Serve with rocket or watercress salad.